5 tips on waste reduction for food places
It’s every eatery business’ dream to minimize their food wastage to the lowest possible level. This is because minimizing food waste makes a good business sense. With proper food wastage reduction comes numerous financial rewards for the business. Here are a few tips on how you can achieve reduced food wastage at your food place.
1. Constitute a team of competent persons to be in-charge of reducing food wastage at your food establishment.
2. Record and do a continuous analysis of the level of wastage that occurs in your establishment.
3. Do a review of the documentation for the supplies purchased at your food joint and make the necessary adjustment to your business and procurement rules to curb the any uncovered source of food wastage.
4. Conduct regular inventory inspection to compare the quantity of supply purchased against the amount that has gone waste. Make necessary adjustment to prevent accumulating further wastes. You can also recycle any waste that’s recyclable.
5. Alter your menus occasionally to make use of food stuff that is about to become leftovers or waste. You can also give SPECIAL OFFERS and promotions to allow your customers help you in clearing the old stock that’s about to go waste.
6. Make sure that your staff are properly trained. Not having staff that know the ins and outs of this industry will end up costing you in the long run.